Goal is to give pet owners easy access to spay / neuter services
Owners of high-volume, low-cost spay / neuter clinics in the United States and Canada can now register their clinics online to get listed in the comprehensive NOOTERS Club® directory of spay / neuter services.
The online directory, compiled by NOOTERS Club,® a Michigan company that designs and markets a variety of whimsical apparel and other items promoting pet spay / neuter, includes hundreds of spay /neuter clinics in most states and across Canada.
Registration is easy and there is no charge. Clinics simply go to http://www.nootersclub.org/lowcostspayneuter/lowcostspayneuterform.htm and fill out the online form. Requested information includes name of clinic, state, city / area of service, website, contact phone number and email, qualification requirements for pet owners and special services provided such as transportation to and from the clinic and feral cat programs.
Once the information is reviewed by NOOTERS Club®, the listing gets posted online in one to three business days.
To be eligible for a listing, clinics have to:
- Be dedicated to high-volume pet spay / neuter
- Offer significantly discounted spay / neuter services
- Provide complete requested information
The NOOTERS Club® online directory of spay / neuter clinics is organized by state. Go to http://www.nootersclub.org/lowcostspayneuter/
NOOTERS Club® products are recognized by the whimsical dog, cat and rabbit that appear on its t-shirts, doggie t-shirts, nightshirts, tank tops, vehicle magnets and other merchandise. Visit the NOOTERS Club® on-line store at http://www.nootersclub.org/onlinestore/. The company donates a part of its proceeds to animal rescue groups around the U.S.
What is NOOTERS Club®? We get asked this all the time. Well, we are a small company that is using our own money to reach out to pet owners. We do not ask for or accept donations. Instead we donate our time, our merchandise and part of our proceeds to as many rescue groups as we can afford to.
You have probably seen our whimsical merchandise – perhaps online ( www.nootersclub.org) or at one of the pet expos that we participate in throughout the Midwest. We are also more than just a bunch of cute t-shirts! While people find our cartoons uplifting and funny, they also carry a serious message. What is NOOTERS Club® doing to help end pet overpopulation? We are:
- Raising awareness though our whimsical cat, dog and rabbit “My Pet’s a Member,” “Heavy Petting “and “Prevent Littering” apparel and gift items. We find that using humor helps us open up conversations and gets people talking about their pet.
- Collecting and posting information and links on many low-cost spay / neuter clinics as we can get our hands on! Go to http://www.nootersclub.org/lowcostspayneuter/ Let us know if you know of any clinics that are not listed and we will add them!
- Partnering with low-cost clinics to help bring more people in their doors. For example, at the All American Pet Expo in Columbus, we handed out flyers and gave away free t-shirts and window decals to pet owners pre-paying for spay/neuter at SOS of Ohio.
If you are with a clinic that would like to be included in our online low-cost spay / neuter directory, or would like to partner with NOOTERS Club® in some way, please contact Lindaw@nootersclub.org or fill out the form at http://www.nootersclub.org/lowcostspayneuter/lowcostspayneuterform/.
Getting your pet spayed or neutered at the veterinarian can be costly. At the same time, you want to make sure that where you take your pet is safe and that they will get proper care.
There are a growing number of low-cost spay / neuter clinics around the U.S. These clinics typically do high volume spay / neuter which means this is all that they do. Their spay / neuter rates are typically under $100 per pet. Some are as low as $20 per pet. This is a huge savings – especially if you have multiple pets or if you are affiliated with a rescue group or do trap-neuter-return work.
There are low-cost spay / neuter clinics in most state – however they may be difficult to find. Because of their low cost, many do not have budgets for advertising or promotions. What is the best way to locate these clinics in your area?
- Contact a local pet rescue group. Many of them work with such clinics and may have a list of them in your area.
- See the Nooters Club® online directory. This directory contains HUNDREDS of low-cost spay neuter clinics around the U.S. and Canada. It also includes clinics that spay /neuter rabbits. Go to http://www.nootersclub.org/lowcostspayneuter.htm
- Contact your local shelter. Some run their own low-cost clinic or may know of one in the area.
- Do a Google search. Look for “low-cost spay neuter services” in your hometown. You may have to widen your search to your metro area or to your state.
- Ask your veterinarian. YES some vets will suggest other resources if you explain that you cannot afford their fees. A few even post low-cost spay / neuter services to their websites.
For anyone with a dog or cat, getting her or him spayed or neutered is the one of the most important things you can do for your companion. The obvious benefit is that you are preventing the birth of unwanted puppies or kittens. But did you know that sterilized pets are:
- Less likely to wander and stray. Spayed / neutered pets are less likely to run off and potentially get lost or injured.
- Less likely to exhibit behavioral issues. Spayed / neutered pets are less likely to spray and mark territory. They also tend to be more sociable toward their person and other pets.
- Less likely to contract serious illness. Unsterilized males and females are at greater risk of many cancers including mammary gland cancer and testicular cancer.
By spaying or neutering you dog or cat, you are also doing your part to help reduce pet overpopulation.
See more about the benefits of dog and cat spay/neuter at http://www.nootersclub.org/spayneuterinfo.htm
One more reason: its AFFORDABLE! See our directory of low-cost spay / neuter clinics around the U.S. and Canada at http://www.nootersclub.org/lowcostspayneuter.htm!